KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

KIXend - Network Messenger.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OwenJ
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: KIXend - Network Messenger. Reply with quote

KIXend - Network Messenger.

'Shocked' HAS ONLY TAKEN ME HALF A YEAR!!! 'Shocked'

Anyway, has anyone wanted to send a quick note to someone, but they are on the phone? well now you can! All that you will need to do is download the zip file and run the executable. Click on the "START SERVICE" button and you, presuming that you have permission to enable the service, you are ready to send the message. Enter the recipiants computer name into where your computer name is, and then enter a message. A quick net send will be sent over the network, and no matter what they are doing, the recipient will be able to see your comment!

Other features include, pinging before the message is sent. This function within the script, allows the software to check if the user is infact online, before the message is submitted. If not, then a message will appear on the main screen.

Every time you send a "NET SEND..." command from within Command Prompt, or the software, you leave residual messages within the software folder of the event viewer. You will notice that you can save the event entry from within this folder, or you can delete the contents of the SOFTWARE folder.

You will see a "SHOW DETAILS" and a "HIDE DETAILS" button at the bottom of the form. this will allow the user to view their own settings. Might be useful might not. I am currently looking into the possibility of adding the "@USERID", to a text file for a network location of your choice. That way the users will be able to broadcast whether they are online. I need some ideas from your lovely selves! PLEASE HELP!!!

Finally you can see the previously sent items on the main window. Once you send a net send, it will capture the details that you have submitted via NET SEND, into a text file in the following folder: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\KIXend\Send Record" on that computer. You can see that you can delete this file from the software, or view it. S'NUFF SAID!

I am open to suggestions, and comments on this file. Should you have any bugs, please let me know.

KIXend (NEW).kix
 Description:
Pings the user before sending the message - Actually works this time. :P Displays a message to tell the user where KIXend creates the file.

Download
 Filename:  KIXend (NEW).kix
 Filesize:  16.2 KB
 Downloaded:  1305 Time(s)

KIXend (BETA).kix
 Description:
Beta version for KIXend v2.5 which I am working on now.

Download
 Filename:  KIXend (BETA).kix
 Filesize:  21.93 KB
 Downloaded:  1342 Time(s)

KIXend.zip
 Description:
Contains the original script for KIXend v2.0 including an executable, if you want to have a play!

Download
 Filename:  KIXend.zip
 Filesize:  326.25 KB
 Downloaded:  1283 Time(s)

OwenJ
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: KIXend Network Messenger. Reply with quote

Here is the current script that I am working on.

KIXend (PING USERS).zip
 Description:
Query's the network of who is online.

Download
 Filename:  KIXend (PING USERS).zip
 Filesize:  30.16 KB
 Downloaded:  1278 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Script Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: