KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

Fatal Exception - Kixforms doevents crashes Windows 10 1703

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmartinez
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Fatal Exception - Kixforms doevents crashes Windows 10 1703 Reply with quote

Fatal Exception - Kixforms Classic doevents crashes Windows 10 1703

Is there or will there be any fix? or temp work around?

thanks

Tito
dr-rick
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Fatal Exception Reply with quote

Here is a link to the latest Kix Forms I used when I changed over to Windows 10. It worked great until the last upgrade of Windows 10. If you have not upgraded then this should fix your problem.

Rick

http://www.kixforms.org/assets/files/kixforms/developer/kixforms_2_47_5.msi

tmartinez
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello dr-rick,

Thank you for responding.
it's all good now for even the latest win 10 - 1703 version. Shawn fixed the issue w/ kixforms (2.47.6), and there is a newer and better version of kix32.exe (4.67). It all works great !!!... the newer kix32.exe is wiser about proper use of variables... I removed the older kix32 and kixforms.dll and replaced them w/ the newer versions. One tip. Do Not put the kixforms.dll into the \syswow64\ subfolder which is where 32bit apps have been placed. If you put kixforms.dll there you will have errors occur. Putting kixforms.dll into the \Windows\ directory works great for us!

any way here is the scoop from the 'Kix' blog/forum: (I copied and pasted the kix forums web page and one of the responses w/ additional info)

http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=212630&Main=28419#Post212630

=======================
Entry from a regular contributor:
=======================
Looks like Shawn posted a link to the updated kixforms dll in the following thread.

http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=212545

And here is the direct link if you'd like to skip directly to it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvPqNN0hts2kggfYaMnPPjH15HqH
dr-rick
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Fatal Exception Reply with quote

Thanks for the link and tips. I successfully downloaded the newer version of the kixforms from the website and then unregistered the old one on my workstation. The previous msi I used did place it in the SysWow64 folder so I deleted the old one and put the new one in the c:\Windows folder and registered it. I dropped my script onto the new kix32 version 4.67 and still got the fatal exception error. I think this new windows 10 patch that just came out is the culprit as everything was working up until the time it was applied a few days ago.
dr-rick
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Fatal Exception Reply with quote

In closer examination of the Windows 10 workstation it was noted that there were two instances of older versions of Kixforms still showing when I used the Wise Uninstaller application. Previously attempts to correct the upgrade did not include removing the extra files that were installed using the MSI from previous installations. I uninstalled both of the older versions of KixFoms and cleaned up the registry using Wise Registry cleaner. I then registered the latest kixforms.dll and it executed flawlessly using regsrv32. I am back up and running again. I appreciate the help as it ultimately led me to the underlying issues. "Haven't rebooted yet though!"
tmartinez
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr-rick,

glad things are working for you now. I should have mentioned to remove "all' older versions of kix32.exe and kixforms.dll.

We are good for now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: